Environmental and resource management at all company levels is of paramount importance to the Klauke Group. We believe that improving to become more and more innovative is an opportunity. And we take on this responsibility – for the benefit of our customers, our employees and our children.
Since 2003, we have participated in the "Ökoprofit" [Ecoprofit] project of the 3-city region in North Rhine Westphalia, the aim of which is to preserve energy and resources while making cost savings. Today, we are certified according to DIN EN ISO 14001:2015(pdf). This internationally valid guideline defines globally recognised standards for environmental management systems. It focuses primarily on a continuous improvement process.
For us, this creates clearly defined aims: avoiding wastage and faults, increasing efficiency and consuming as little energy as possible in every production step, as we want to preserve raw materials, fossil fuels and the environment for future generations.
Klauke an environmentally-conscious and responsible company. That's why we live and act according to the principles that reflect this. We also expect our service providers and suppliers to observe all the relevant health and safety and environmental regulations. In doing so, we are guided by Klauke principles.
Conflict Mineral Questionnaire for Suppliers
Furthermore, we insist on our suppliers proving that the raw materials they deliver/process do not come from regions where they are mined by child labour under generally unacceptable conditions, and where the profits might be used to finance armed conflicts. You can provide us with this proof by filling out the Conflict Mineral Questionnaire and returning it to us.
Resource management is also important, of course: During the procurement of material and components, we place great importance on top quality materials and components. To guarantee this, we work only with certified suppliers. This, coupled with our strict quality management principles, ensures our procurement, production and service standards are sustainably maintained.
We also invest regularly in new systems and optimise processes to save energy and relieve the burden on the environment. Saving measures already implemented include:
- 2007 / 2008: Optimisation of heating times and heating flow temperatures
- 2008: Use of compressor waste heat to support the heating process
- 2008 / 2009: Installation of energy-saving lamps in the production area
- 2010: Shorter maintenance intervals for the ceiling fans
- from 2011: Switching to LED lighting outdoors and in corridors
- 2012: New compressor system with heat exchangers at every compressor to support the heating process
- 2013/2014 Installation of a new heating system with four solar collectors for hot water and central heating backup
- 2015: Klauke buys its first electric car with multiple-vehicle charging station
- 2017: Replacement of 140 light-bulbs in our plant in Bernsdorf with LED
- 2018: Installation of a new compressor in Bernsdorf to save energy and Co².
Through these measures, we have reduced energy consumption by 30 % since 2009.