1879
In 1879, 24-year old Gustav Klauke and his brother found the Gustav Klauke company in Stephanstrasse in the Osterbusch area of Remscheid, Germany. At the time, the product range comprised high-quality pliers, which found a ready market, primarily in the watchmaker trade, due to clean hand forging. The company has 5 employees.

1906
The Gustav Klauke company is entered in the Commercial Register as a "General Trading Company". The factory space covers 1200 m2.

1912
Drop forged pliers replace hand forged ones. Mass production has begun. The company has approx. 60 employees.

1924
The sons of the founder, Gustav Klauke II and Max Klauke, take over the management. The pliers product range is continued.

1925
The first English language catalogue for the pliers range appears. From the outset, Klauke goes for high-quality tools for the international markets too.

1930
The sales market is expanded by producing the catalogues in French and Spanish. 

1948
Following the death of Gustav Klauke II, in keeping with old traditions, the company is managed by his son-in-law Gustav Diederichs together with Max Klauke. At the same time, Klauke is converted to a limited liability company.

1960
The increasing electrification creates the impetus for the decision to produce cable lugs and associated tools.

1965
Gustav Diederichs' son, Karl-Gustav Diederichs joins the company. There are now 45 employees.

1968
The traditional pliers production is ceased. At the same time, the production of cable lugs and crimping tools is expanded.  

1978
Karl-Gustav Diederichs becomes sole Managing Director and oversees 85 employees.

1979
Gustav Klauke GmbH celebrates its centenary in Remscheid.

1980
Covering an area of 6000 m2, the original premises on Stephanstrasse are too small for perpetual company growth. And so a plot of around 17,000 m2 is acquired in the Remscheid-Ueberfeld industrial region for the construction of new production, storage and office facilities.

1984
Production in the new halls is started on an area of over 4000 m².

1988
The entire company moves into the new premises in Remscheid-Ueberfeld. The production and storage facilities now cover some 9000 m².

1990
To keep up with the steady growth, an adjacent 3000 m2 building plot is purchased. Thanks to an existing hall, a further 2000 m² of production area is added. Klauke is now employing approx. 160 people.

1991
Following the reunification of Germany, Gustav Klauke GmbH acquires HAW in state of Saxony, the current Bernsdorf branch covering a total area of 10,000 m².

1993
Klauke Austria is established in Vienna. In the same year, INDIS, headquartered in Creutzwald, is integrated into the Klauke Group as Klauke France. At the same time, Dr. Peters is bought out by Klauke. This company produces connecting materials and tools.

1994
The first battery-powered hydraulic tool for connecting material is made. // The development and distribution of special products for the plumbing and heating sector begin – accompanied by the first catalogue for this range of applications.

1995
Klauke attains ISO 9001 certification for the first time. This standard specifies the requirements for a continuously improved quality management system.

1996
Klauke is integrated into the Greenlee Division of TEXTRON, the American multi-industry group of companies. This gives the worldwide presence of Klauke and Greenlee products significant impetus.
A new building with a further 5000 m² of production and office spaces emerges on the neighbouring plot in Remscheid-Ueberfeld acquired in 1990.

1997
Klauke starts to market Greenlee Products in Europe. Hole-making, punching and cutting tools, as well as cable-pulling products are offered.

1998
Expansion of distribution activities through TEXTRON's Singapore office.

1999
Karl-Gustav Diederichs retires.
Expansion of distribution activities through TEXTRON's Singapore office.
SAP R/3 is introduced at the Klauke headquarters in Remscheid.


2000
The Klauke multi, the universal tool patented worldwide for crimping, cutting and hole-making is launched on the market. // Expansion of distribution activities through the TEXTRON office in Shanghai.

2001
Klauke UK, the sales office for Great Britain and Ireland is opened.

2002
The Klauke mini, an innovative, light and easy-to-use tool, is produced on a new hydraulic tool platform and introduced on the market.

2003
The newly defined "Klauke Production Principle" is put into practice under LEAN and KAIZEN.

2004
The Klauke Group celebrates 125 years in existence in Remscheid with a big party. // The Klauke Service-Mobil vehicle for on-site assignments at customers is introduced. // The activities of Tempo Europe Limited are fully integrated into Klauke.

2006
Klauke supports the "Electrical brands. Strong partners" initiative for increasing brand awareness and becomes a member of "E-CHECK", the seal of approval for electrical installations and devices. // Klauke supplements its existing product range with professional hand tools as well testing, measuring and inspection device rangefor the commercial and industrial sector.

2007
The distribution company Klauke Russia is established in Moscow. // A new central logistics centre is put into operation in Remscheid.

2008
The Klauke India sales office is opened in Bangalore. // Utilux Europe is bought out. Ultimately creating the new company Klauke Slovakia and the Klauke UK site in Bungay (Great Britain).

2009
The distribution company Klauke France celebrates its 20th anniversary. // The battery-powered hydraulic crimping, cutting and universal tools of the Safety Plus generation are launched on the market. // Klauke is certified to ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 for the first time.

2010
Klauke receives the FACHMETALL QM Context Award. In recognition of the continuously high quality of tested materials.

2012
The distribution office in Bangalore (India) is expanded to industrial premises with assembly capacity, Service Center and warehouse. // Development of activities according to the Lean Management Concept for Marketing/Sales and Administration. // The innovative "blue connection" system is introduced into the market. // In Dolny Kubin, Slovakia, a neighbouring building plot is purchased to lay the foundation stone for a new building and hence the production expansion. // Klauke Germany is recognised with the TEXTRON Award for Occupational Health and Safety 2011. The award is given for the low accident rate over the previous three years.

2013
A second production and administration building is opened in Dolny Kubin (Slovakia). // Klauke Slovakia and Klauke UK introduce SAP. // Klauke Iberia, the distribution company for Spain and Portugal is opened in Madrid. // Klauke Slovakia and Klauke Remscheid receive the TEXTRON Award for Occupational Health and Safety 2012.